AMC Amateur Radio is responsible for the management of callsign allocations.
To apply for a callsign:
- Check the availability of the callsign on the database of Publicly Available Callsigns
- Download and complete the Callsign Recommendation Form and ACMA Amateur 1 Form (combined PDF fillable document) relevant to the callsign being applied for. Refer to the table below for the level description.
- Submit the completed document by email to email@example.com or post to the address located at the top left of the form.
- Make payment of the applicable fee online
- Please read the Policy and Procedures (PDF 36.0 KB) document for further information about how to apply.
|Level Description||Form Download|
Next available callsign as appropriate for the licence type. Not selected from the Public List.
First and second preference from the Public List: both preferences are either a two letter callsign from VK 1, 5, 6, 7 or 8 or a three letter callsign in any State/Territory.
First preference of two letter callsign from the Public List from VK2, 3 or 4.
Special event callsign (see Section 2) - this includes callsigns for VK9 and 0.
Repeater or beacon callsign.