|Course Name||Shipboard Safety Skill Set|
|Location||Newnham Campus, Launceston|
|Course Fees||Australian Students $515.00*|
20 - 24 April 2017 ^ +
31 May - 1 June 2017 ^ +
4 - 6 September 2017 ^ +
15 - 17 November 2017 ^ +
About the course
A Shipboard Safety Skill Set certificate is a requirement when working on any small commercial fishing vessel or trade vessel. We offer a three-day intensive training course, enabling you to obtain your nationally accredited certificate.
Units included in the Shipboard Safety course may, where eligible, count towards your Coxswain, Master or Marine Engine Driver Certificates.
To pass the survival training of all our courses, you will need to be able to swim short distances while fully clothed and wearing shoes; without the aid of a life jacket.
- Survival at sea in the event of vessel abandonment
- Observe safety and emergency procedures on a coastal vessel
- Fight and extinguish fires on board a coastal vessel
Requirements for practical session
- Fire Fighting: Old clothing and sturdy boots.
- Sea Survival: Towel, change of clothing and soft sole shoes to be worn in the pool.
On-campus accommodation is available, for further information please visit the UTAS Accommodation website.
How to apply
Please visit the VET Online Application page to apply.
Need further information?
Please complete the Online Enquiry Form and the most appropriate person will respond to you directly.
Australian Maritime College
Locked Bay 1397
Launceston Tasmania 7250
T: +61 3 6324 9404
^ Dates may vary depending on units undertaken. AMC reserves the right to reschedule or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolments.
* Fees quoted are indicative only and are subject to change. Please confirm with AMC staff prior to applying via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Government subsidies apply.
+ This course is not available to international students
Unique Student Identifier (USI)As of 1 January 2015 students undertaking nationally recognised training are required to have a USI.
To apply, please visit: Unique Student Identifier. You will be asked to provide your USI upon enrolment.